Memory, Speed Reading And Study Skills. Learn From The Safety And Comfort Of Your Home.
If your audio or video isn’t working correctly in Zoom, this is often because of issues with your device or its settings rather than Zoom itself. Following these steps will fix the most common issues.
1. If you haven’t already done so, test your video camera and audio to confirm that the correct camera, microphone and speakers or headphones are selected. How to test your video and audio before or during a Zoom meeting:
2. If your web camera isn’t showing up, check to make sure all other programs that use the webcam on your computer are closed. Zoom won’t be able to use the camera if it is being used or accessed by a different application.
3. Also check to see whether your device is blocking access to your webcam or microphone. You can correct this by checking your app permissions to make sure the Zoom app or your web browser can use your webcam and microphone.
In Windows, you can check to see if your webcam is blocked by searching for Webcam in the Start Menu and selecting Choose which apps can use camera from the menu. Scroll down and you’ll see the list of applications that are allowed to use your webcam. Make sure the box for your web browser and Zoom are ticked. Similarly, you also can search for Microphone and choose Microphone privacy settings to do the same.
In MacOS, you’ll need to click Security and Privacy in the System Settings, click the lock and enter your password to make changes. You can then click Camera from the sidebar, and make sure your web browser and Zoom are checked. You’ll also want to make sure the box for the microphone is checked too.
4. If you are still experiencing issues, try uninstalling Zoom, restarting your device and then reinstalling Zoom.
5. Further troubleshooting information is also available at the Zoom website:
You can also access your Zoom session from your mobile phone using the Zoom app. Android users can download it from the Play Store and iPhone/iPad Users can download it from the App Store.
Android users - Download the Zoom app from the Play Store.
iPad/iPhone users - Download the Zoom app from the App Store.
If your video is working on your computer/tablet and you are just having audio issues, then you can also dial in to your Zoom session using any of the following Australian local numbers:
02 8015 6011
03 7018 2005
07 3185 3730
08 6119 3900
When dialling in you will need your Zoom Meeting ID and password.
Finally, if you have one, you can also consider joining your Zoom session from a different device such as a spare computer, tablet or phone.